www.edweek.org – Education Week American online magazine annual education report card looked at six areas of policy and performance, including school finance, student achievement and accountability. Florida earned a B-minus overall, the same grade it earned in 2009. While scoring highly (5th nationwide) for school accountability and academic standard, Florida scored lower (31st nationwide) for school finance.
See all the results: Click Here
FHA has rescinded its 90 anti-flipping rule and will, for a period of 1 year, allow FHA buyers to obtain loans on properties that have been recently purchased by investors who intend to flip them for a profit. This “green light” by FHA means that if you’ve been on the sidelines of property flipping, you need to educate yourself as soon as possible, because investors will be coming on strong for 2010 given this latest news.
With over 20 bands playing on the 2 day event in Melbourne Beach and with 3 running races on Saturday February 6th and two running races on Sunday February 7th, this is an event you don’t want to miss. On Saturday there will a 5K race, an 8K race and a kids race. On Sunday there will be a half marathon and a full marathon for all you endurance runners.
Just sold this amazing luxury riverfront real estate listing for $1,015,000 on South Tropical Trail in Merritt Island Florida. This river to river lot on the Banana and Indian River, features a 125 ft covered dock with 6000 pound boat lift and 2 jet ski lifts. The double door entry opens to the tiled foyer and the great room with dramatic water views, coffer ceiling, built in speakers, French doors to the back patio, bamboo flooring that flows throughout the first floor areas. Formal dining room w/French doors to a private courtyard area. Gourmet kitchen features limestone tiles flowing into the nook area, Sub Zero refrigerator, Miele dishwasher, gas cook top, 60 bottle wine cooler, pantry, granite counter tops, solid white cabinetry w/display cases and a built in desk. Home offers 2 master suites. First floor master overlooks the river and features a large walk in closet, garden tub and tiled shower w/multiple heads, rain head and body jets. Guest room and office also on the first floor both w/private full baths. Second floor has a second master suite overlooking the river w/a fireplace, large walk in closet w/organizers, double sink granite top vanity, jetted tub and tiled shower. 4th guest bedroom on the second floor also has a private bathroom. Balcony off the front overlooks the Indian River. Inside laundry room w/built in sink and step up for front loader washer/dryer, and storage closet under the stairs. Travertine paver back patio. Solid core 8 ft doors, 2 A/C systems w/5 zones, hardy board siding for low maintenance, thermo-pane windows and 6000 lbs boat lift.
I am pleased to provide you with our updated Brevard County Market Trends through November 2009.
• Our most recent market statistics are showing a seasonal softening of the market, which we anticipate will begin firming up in the first quarter of 2010.
• Single family home sales have remained fairly consistent for the past four months.
• Condominium sales are down for the first time since February 2009, which may be a result of the increased number of distressed condominiums that have been sold in recent months.
• New single family listings entering the market are at their lowest number (921) of the year.
• Distressed sales increased 7% over October with a dramatic increase in bank-owned properties from 14% to 20%.
• One of the most positive trends that has been consistent through the year is the number of $1 million plus sales.
• Overall, Brevard County is remaining consistent with Orange and Seminole Counties with a 60 month inventory supply.